Thursday, November 27, 2008

All hail the new Nelson Family UNO champion!

So I told James last Sunday that we should play UNO as a family, because I had heard a lady in church talk about how their family played - even their 4 year old, and he sometimes won. Tonight was the inaugural Nelson family UNO game. In the first round, right out of the gate, Zoe won! And not only won, but she got over 200 points from James and I. Next round, James won, and only got 37 points. The next 2 rounds, Zoe won, and ended up with a grand total of 333 points! I will say that she does play with all her cards out on the table in front of her, but even with that she still won fair and square. I don't know what that says about our UNO abilities, although James was saying that he didn't call her on her failure to quickly call UNO a few times so she didn't have to draw cards, but still. I'm guessing that we will probably end up playing this a bunch at our house, but that's okay, UNO's a fun game!

And by the way, Happy Thanksgiving! Now the Christmas Countdown can begin - who's ready?

No comments: